Cost of registration
The cost of the second year
Tax on profits
Starting a business in Mauritius
Mauritius is in the southern part of the Indian Ocean close to the east of Madagascar. In 1992. the country gained independence. Includes four islands: Mauritius (Mauritius), Rodrigues (Rodrigues), St. Brandon (Saint Brandon), and Agalega (Agalega). Excluding the area of coral reefs and beaches, the total area of the island is 710 square miles (square kilometers 1865) proiskhodzhenie volcanic. About 90% of cultivated land set aside for the cultivation of sugar cane.
Business environment in Mauritius
Mauritius is equipped with business and communications infrastructure, has a dynamic economy, the government encourages foreign investment in the island, an offshore activity is booming through the Board of Investment (Board of Investment).
There is a difference between offshore and onshore activities. Foreigners must obtain special permission from the prime minister to share ownership of onshore companies. Mauritanians are prohibited from taking any part in the conduct of activities through the local offshore companies.
A wide range of investment options available to raise capital on the island. Free Economic Zone (Free Trade Zones) and Freeport (Freeport) were established in 1992. The Government is taking measures to combat money laundering of illegally obtained prisekat arms and drug trafficking.
The island of Mauritius has a good productivity index showing 5% annual growth since 1994. Mauritius received the ISO 9000 quality goods and local businesses has increased qualitatively. Financial and professional services are available at the Stock Exchange since 1989.
Free Trade Zone (Free Trade Zones) Mauritius
Please note that many of the benefits of free trade zones in Mauritius are gradually reduced as a result of the tax reform program, aimed at the simplification and harmonization of taxation.
Export Processing Zone in Mauritius (Mauritius Export Processing Zone – EPZ) was founded in 1970. and immediately became the largest center of employment on the island, especially in the field of light industry (manufacture of wearing apparel). Zone provides all its benefits only for producers, who export 100% of production, although in some cases allowed to sell 10-20% of products on the local market.
For staying in the Free Zone is required to get a certificate of the exporter (Export Enterprise Certificate) in the Ministry of Industry and Technology of Mauritius (Ministry of Industry and Technology), having passed all the obstacles of bureaucratic process.
Once permission is obtained, the company can enjoy a number of incentives:
– No customs duties (customs duties) and sales taxes (sales taxes) for raw materials and equipment;
– There is no corporate income tax (corporate taxes) and withholding tax (withholding tax) on dividends;
– There is no tax on capital gains (capital gains tax);
– Tax-free repatriation of dividends, profits and capital;
– 60% exemption from customs duties on buses for transportation of company personnel;
– 50% exemption of registration fees (registration fees) for land and buildings;
– Discounts on the income of individuals – two workers employed abroad (expatriate
Types of companies in Mauritius:
– Private company limited by shares to Mauritius (Mauritius Private Company Limited by Shares);
– Company limited by guarantee to Mauritius (Mauritius Company Limited by Guarantee)
– A public company limited by shares to Mauritius (Mauritius Public Company Limited by Shares);
– Foreign companies in Mauritius (Mauritius Foreign Company);
– Offshore company GBC1 to Mauritius (Mauritius GBC1 Company – Offshore Company);
– International Company GBC2 Mauritius MAURITIUS GBC2 (Mauritius GBC2 – International Company);
– Company to Mauritius with a limited shelf life (Mauritius Limited Life Company);
– Partnership with unlimited liability to Mauritius (Mauritius General Partnership);
– Limited Partnership Mauritius (Mauritius Limited Partnership);
– Private Enterprise Mauritius (Mauritius Sole Proprietorship);
– Trusts in Mauritius (Mauritius Trusts).
Mauritius Island is often called fabulous: here a surprising combination of magnificent beaches of white sand, gently refreshing transparent turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, the highest level of service in luxury hotels, hospitable locals, coral reefs, the absence of poisonous insects, dangerous animals, snakes – indeed, island-tale.
Tax in Mauritius
GBC 1 (Mauritius resident company) pays the standard tax rate of 15% on income earned in the country. The rate may be reduced to 3% on income earned outside Mauritius.
GBC 2 (offshore company in Mauritius) is fully exempted from tax.
How to register the company in Mauritius ?
If You are interested in starting the company in Mauritius to open a bank account in Mauritius, then please contact us directly email@example.com, and our experts will help you to choose the best solution and the most suitable procedural path for you.